You are the solution
I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.
~ Louisa May Alcott ~
To the question of your life, you are the only answer. To the problems of your life, you are the only solution. ~Jo Coudert, Advice From A Failure
I have sharpened the shares, and harnessed an increased force, for I have determined to plow the furrows deeper, and turn up new layers of life. ~Muriel Strode (1875–1964), My Little Book of Life, 1912
What is a P I R A T E Sister?
Pirate Sister Quest…
To find the treasure within is to journey back in time and meet your essential self.
- To revisit decisions made or those made for you.
- To deeply honor dreams and heal aches of the heart.
- To voyage to the far reaches of expectation, to find the lost self.
- Dusting off joys, talents, curiosities and hopes long buried.
- Recapturing and owning what was always yours.
A Pirate Sister…
- is essential, brave and lives IN-credibility!
- does not demean her life with blame, doubt, remorse, hopelessness, rigidity, and fear.
- has learned how to hold others accountable as well as honestly taking responsibility for her own decisions.
- deeply loves her choices and her creations
- no longer masks her feelings of “less than” by becoming everything to everyone.
- freely expresses optimism or fear
- recognizes when she is executing obsessive, sometimes frantic, control over situations and people.
- is willing to share her dreams, ask for help and enjoys praise
- knows that to find her treasure, she needs to live in consistent knowledge of her truth.
Pirate Sisters talk about the workshops and lectures…
“I loved the seminar! I have made some risky and incredible changes in my life since the seminar and I thank you so much for the tools and direction you offered. I have so much more growing to do, with help of course, but I am starting to ‘trust’ myself and my gut. My confidence level has soared.”
“The workshop opened my eyes at how far I’ve really come in my therapy. It was truly an awesome day, so many women with so much in common.”
“I left there a stronger woman.”
“As I looked around the room full of exceptional women, I realized (finally) that I was one of them! A true awakening, a clunk on the head that I already have what it takes to be the ‘Essential Woman’ I just needed the permission and support to begin revealing her!”
“A line from Paul McCartney keeps playing in my head that has particular meaning in my life right now as it relates to therapy and exploration; ‘someone’s knockin’ at my door, somebody’s ringin’ the bell. Do me a favor, open the door and let ‘em in.’ The door is finally open, and the air is invigorating. Thanks, Julie, for knocking!”
“I think each one of us comes to the workshop struggling for different reasons. I value my essence more because of your workshop. I listen to my feelings and respond to them.”
“The workshop helped me reconnect with myself and my passion for life.”
“The workshop was definitely life changing for me. I had clarity on my own professional growth. I wasn’t anxious or nervous and I was peaceful with myself. The opening meditation was the best I have ever done. It took me outside of myself and helped with clarity. ”
“The workshop was safe. Everyone was so supportive and caring. The very next day, following the workshop, I chose to take a chance and not hesitate. It turned out to be a wonderful choice and I practiced the tools I had learned just the day before. I would not have taken the chance without the workshop. It gave me the strength and courage to step past my fears.”
“…when I feel connected to myself, in tune with the core of my being, knowing the rhythm of my soul…then is when I intuitively know the timing of what is okay to be first, second or not at all…”